Top Healthy Living Tips Brought To You By Prall Insurance.We hope you enjoy our new series of healthy living posts. Our goal is to provide you with the latest news and tips on healthy living; including healthy eating, exercise, and even maintaining a healthy mental outlook.
Here are some ideas to start off 2015 in a healthy way:
Habits That Help You Live Longer
1. Laugh, pray, enjoy family and friends.
2. Take a walk every day.
3. Have a glass of red wine in moderation.
4. Tell someone you love them.
5. Try to get at least 6 hours of sleep.
6. Eat 5 smaller meals daily.
7. Stop relying on, or blaming your genes.
8. Our bodies are nearly 70% water, so it should come as no surprise that water is essential to maintaining health and prolonging life.
9. Stop eating processed food.
10. Express gratitude for what you have.
11. Demonstrate an act of kindness every day.
12. Quit Smoking; research shows that women who quit before 40 live 10 years longer than those who quit later on.
13. Eat a fiber-rich cereal for breakfast. Getting a serving of whole-grains, especially in the morning, appears to help older folks maintain stable blood sugar levels throughout the day.
14. Eat a balanced meal
· 50% carbs — whole grains, fruits, vegetables, natural sugars
· 20 to 25% fats — natural fats from nuts, coconuts, olive oil, etc.
· 25 to 30% protein — lean proteins, dairy products, legumes, vegetable-based proteins
15. Exercise is one of the best ways to turn back the clock, but too many of us don't reap its full benefits because we only associate physical activity with weight loss.
Remember, your imagination is your preview to life's coming attractions!
As always, please feel free to call us anytime to review your policies or for a quote on any new purchase at 319-752-6341.